POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Assistant Director and Head, Department of 4-H Youth Development and Family & Consumer Sciences
North Carolina State University, Cooperative Extension Service, Ricks Hall, Raleigh, NC 27695-7605
January 1, 1999
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
October 15, 1998 or until position is filled.
- Provide administrative support and leadership for a statewide Family and Consumer Sciences program focusing on issues dealing with social and economic changes which have led to new or intensified problems for families.
- Foster an environment for innovative, futuristic education programs involving university and county faculty.
- Foster interdisciplinary activities and linkages with other universities and agencies.
- Provide leadership for resource development for the Family and Consumer Education program.
- Provide leadership for ensuring that Extension Family and Consumer Education programs are open to all citizens regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- Serve on the Administrative Council for the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service.
- Assist the Extension Director in appropriate phases of administration and management of the Cooperative Extension Service.
Must have an earned doctorate with at least one degree in a Family and Consumer Sciences field. A demonstrated understanding and commitment to the land grant mission, experience in Cooperative Extension, and relevant administrative experience is desired. Must have demonstrated evidence of leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with and through others.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with professional qualifications and experience. Employee/employer contributory retirement program, workers’ compensation; paid vacation and sick leave; optional group life, health and other insurance benefit programs are available.
Proper documentation of identity and employability are required.
OPTIONAL BENEFITS OFFERED:
Other benefits include disability income protection insurance, group health insurance for family members, employee group life insurance, group accident insurance, tax-deferred investment program, deferred compensation investment program, prepaid legal insurance, faculty club membership, employee credit union services, and study leave.
Send completed application, resume, three letters of reference, transcripts, and a brief statement of administration philosophy to include how you have solved problems, leadership skills and experiences, and accomplishments to:
Dr. Ronald Shearon, Chair
Dept. of Agricultural and Extension Education
fax: (919) 515-1965
Box 7607, N. C. State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7607
EEO COORDINATOR:William Fleming, North Carolina State University, Box 7602, Raleigh, NC 27695-7602
Employment and program opportunities are offered to all people regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. North Carolina State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates under an Affirmative Action Plan. The University strongly encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
For information about the Department and its faculty and staff, workgroups, programs and projects, see the Departmental Home Page.
Back to table of contents -> https://www.theforumjournal.org/2017/09/04/summer-1998-vol-3-no-2/